|What's Going On This Week||Saturday July 26, 2014|
|Bradley Farm - Seeds of Harmony Concert Series - Patty Larkin|
|BRNC Hollow Fields soils||Tuesday July 29, 2014|
|Berkshire Mountain Bike Training Series Race #9||Wednesday July 30, 2014|
|Summer Running Race Series|
Berkshire Mountain Bike Races
July 22, 2014
Sick of Deerflies biting you?
Berkshire Cycling Association
Fall Foliage Gravel Grinder (F2G2)
Don't miss this Epic Ride! Sign Up Early! Limited to 200 Riders!
A challenging 54 mile bicycle ride through Central and Southern Berkshire County in Western Massachusetts on remote dirt roads during peak fall foliage season! The whole route is fairly hilly but the signature climb, Schermerhorn Road, comes late in the ride, about the 41 mile mark. There will be plenty of hills, but you'll remember that one most. It is a 2 mile long broken pavement/dirt monster with some sections reaching 27% grade. Bring your best legs or get a lower granny gear.
Starts and finishes at Canterbury Farm Nordic Center and Bed & Breakfast in Becket Massachusetts.
- Date: Sunday October 5, 2014
- Where: Canterbury Farm, 1986 Fred Snow Rd, Becket, MA 01223, (413) 623-0100
- Register: BikeReg.com
- Cost: $60
- Start Time: Between 9AM and 10AM
- Aid Stations: Will be open as noted below. In test rides, we are finding we have people riding anywhere from 8 mph to 12 mph. Anyone planning to ride faster than 15 mph should start closer to 10AM. Anyone anticipating averaging less than 8mph needs to start by 9AM (or earlier).
- Aid Stations will be manned by the Pittsfield High School Girls Cross Country Team!
- In the spirit of Randonee riding, please be prepared for flats and mechanicals. Carry a multi-tool, spare tube, patch kit, tire levers and pump. We'll try to help if we can, but to avoid a long wait, it's better to be self-sufficient.
- Cue Sheet
- Marked Course
- Sag Wagon
- Free Water Bottle!
- Post-Ride Party: The quintessential New England grounds of Canterbury Farms will be the site of a post race meal consisting of:
- a drink (soda, lemonade, ice tea, apple cider, coffee, hot chocolate, water)
- a salad: potato salad or rice pilaf
- a hot main dish (Squash soup or Chili)
- a dessert (brownie, cookie or apple).
- a grill item:
- burgers (veggie or hamburger) or
- Kurt's famous sauerkraut & brats
- Beer: Wandering Star Craft Brewery will be graciously providing one free beer per each participant of legal age. Additional beer may be purchased.
- Post Ride Massage: A massage therapist will be on hand for a fee to rub Schermerhorn Road out of your legs.
- This is not a race.
- Please ride safely!
- Helmets are required for all riders.
- Roads are open to traffic.
- Obey all rules of the road (especially keeping to the right) to avoid incidents like this and riding two abreast at most (although single file is preferable)!
|Registration||Canterbury Farm||7:30 AM||9:30 AM|
|Start Time||Canterbury Farm||9:00 AM||10:00 AM|
|Aid Station||Mile Mark||Location||OPEN||CLOSE|
|1||16||Corner of Cronk & Chestnut Hill||10:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|2||31||Corner of McCarthy & Jerusalem||11:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|3||40||Woods Pond||11:30 AM||3:00 PM|
|Finish||54||Canterbury Farm||12:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Dinner||Canterbury Farm||1:00 PM||6:00 PM|
We are very fortunate to be able to host this ride from Canterbury Farm in Becket Mass. The grounds of this Bed & Breakfast / Nordic Ski Center are located on a quiet dirt road lined with big trees and stone walls giving us a quintessential New England setting for relaxing and re-fueling after the ride.
4 rooms, 1 cabin, and 20 tent sites are available should you want to make reservations and make a weekend out of it.
- Rooms are $90 per person per night including breakfast and have private baths.
- Two rooms can accomodate 3 people.
- The other two rooms hold 2 people.
- The cabin can hold up to 4 with breakfast, out house, no running water or electricity for $50 per person.
- The tent sites do not include breakfast, have an out house, but no running water or electricity for $35 per site.
- Give them a call (413) 623-0100 to make plans to stay the weekend!