|What's Going On This Week||Wednesday August 27, 2014|
|Summer Running Race Series||Saturday August 30, 2014|
|Dirty 40 Fall Classic|
Berkshire Cycling Association
Fall Foliage Gravel Grinder
- Sunday September 6, 2014 - Last day to register to get Free Water Bottle
- Thursday, September 25, 2014 - Registration Closes
Join us for the first ever Berkshire Cycling Association Fall Foliage Gravel Grinder! It's a challenging 55 mile bicycle ride through Central and Southern Berkshire County in Western Massachusetts on remote dirt roads during peak fall foliage season! This ride will be a major fundraiser for the Pittsfield High School Cross Country Running Teams. Members from the boys and girls teams will be manning the aid stations for you.
Starts and finishes at Canterbury Farm Nordic Center and Bed & Breakfast in Becket Massachusetts.
- Date: Sunday October 5, 2014
- Where: Canterbury Farm, 1986 Fred Snow Rd, Becket, MA 01223, (413) 623-0100
- Register Now: https://www.bikereg.com/Net/bca-f2g2
- Limited to 200 Riders
- Online Registration Deadline: Thursday, September 25, 2014
- Cost: $60
- Start Time: Between 9AM and 10AM
- Aid Stations: Will be open as noted below. In test rides, we are finding we have people riding anywhere from 8 mph to 12 mph. Anyone planning to ride faster than 15 mph should start closer to 10AM. Anyone anticipating averaging less than 8mph needs to start by 9AM (or earlier).
- Aid Stations will be manned by the Pittsfield High School Girls Cross Country Team!
- Limited On Course Mechanical Support provided by Plaines Bike & Ski of Pittsfield, however, in the spirit of Randonee riding, please try to be self-sufficient. Carry a multi-tool, spare tube, patch kit.
- Cue Sheet
- Marked Course
- Sag Wagon
- Free Water Bottle if registered before Monday September 7, 2014
- Coveted Limited Edition "I Climbed Schermerhorn Road" Euro Sticker!
- Post-Ride Party on the quintessential New England grounds of Canterbury Farms.
Enjoy a relaxing post race meal consisting of:
- a drink (soda, lemonade, ice tea, apple cider, coffee, hot chocolate, water)
- a salad: potato salad or rice pilaf
- a hot main dish (Squash soup or Chili)
- a dessert (brownie, cookie or apple).
- a grill item:
- burgers (veggie or hamburger) or
- Kurt's famous sauerkraut & brats
- Beer: Wandering Star Craft Brewery will be graciously providing one free beer per each participant of legal age. Additional beer may be purchased.
- Post Ride Massage: A massage therapist will be on hand for a fee to rub Schermerhorn Road out of your legs.
- This is not a race.
- Please ride safely!
- Helmets are required for all riders.
- Roads are open to traffic.
- Obey all rules of the road (especially keeping to the right) to avoid incidents like this and riding two abreast at most (although single file is preferable)!
|Registration||Canterbury Farm||7:30 AM||9:30 AM|
|Start Time||Canterbury Farm||9:00 AM||10:00 AM|
|Aid Station||Mile Mark||Location||OPEN||CLOSE|
|1||16||Corner of Cronk & Chestnut Hill||10:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|2||31||Corner of McCarthy & Jerusalem||11:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|3||40||Woods Pond||11:30 AM||3:00 PM|
|Finish||54||Canterbury Farm||12:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Dinner||Canterbury Farm||1:00 PM||6:00 PM|
We are very fortunate to be able to host this ride from Canterbury Farm in Becket Mass. The grounds of this Bed & Breakfast / Nordic Ski Center are located on a quiet dirt road lined with big trees and stone walls giving us a quintessential New England setting for relaxing and re-fueling after the ride.
4 rooms, 1 cabin, and 20 tent sites are available should you want to make reservations and make a weekend out of it.
- Rooms are $90 per person per night including breakfast and have private baths.
- Two rooms can accomodate 3 people.
- The other two rooms hold 2 people.
- The cabin can hold up to 4 with breakfast, out house, no running water or electricity for $50 per person.
- The tent sites do not include breakfast, have an out house, but no running water or electricity for $35 per site.
- Give them a call (413) 623-0100 to make plans to stay the weekend!
LOCAL BIKE SHOPS:
Please support our local bike shops.
- Berkshire Bike & Board - Pittsfield and Gt. Barrington
- Ordinary Cycles - Pittsfield
- Plaines Bike & Ski - Pittsfield
- The Spoke - Williamstown
We've spent a lot of time trying to find the best course with the coolest dirt roads and we're still tweaking things, but it looks like this is going to be the final course.